Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Album Covers for The Best Bands EVER!!!


















The name of the first band is Into The Cold Darkness. When I clicked on the random wikipedia sites, it did take me a few tries. The first couple of topics I got I either didn't understand, or were way too long...like, 12-15 letter names...for ONE WORD! Anyways, I got off topic.... Into The Cold Darkness was actually the name of an album for a death metal band called Vital Remains. It was released in 1995. When I clicked to get the quote, again it took me several tries to get something that worked, but FINALLY after about two classes of quote and wiipedia surfing.... >.> ...... I got a quote with five fitting words " The Whole Form Is Compromised".

The Picture is of a...person....I can't really see what gender it is, but it's a person surrounded by darkness. Because of this, I thought it would be a fitting Death Metal album cover itself. The font I chose is very.....gothic looking, and I used the gradient overlay to make it look silver to go against the background. For the album name, I chose a dark red, almost blood red color and changed it to use Pin Light to make it darker, again, to give it that darker persona of the band.



The name of the second band is Meteorite Fall, which was, again, a random Wikipedia hit I got, but decided to roll with it. To me, Meteorite Fall sounded like some.... catosrtophic, apocalyptic rock music, like deathcore or metalcore....something along those lines. The name of the album is " The Elimination of Nonessentials", and with a picture of Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf, the only thing that came to my mind was the The Big Bad Wolf ate L.R.R.H in the end in the story, so I thought maybe L.R.R.H was a nonessential to the wolf, and he only saw her as food....so he'd eliminate her.
For the band name, I did different things for each letter. For Meteorite, all I used was a red color to give the angry look of the band, Bevel and Emboss to make it look...interesting. Gave it texture, and a drop shadow to make it pop. For Fall, I skewed it to make it go along the slant of the roof. I also used Bevel and emboss to give it texture, as well as Satin to give it a darker shade of red.




No comments:

Post a Comment