Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First and Second Attempt at the Obama assignment



Okay, so for our class, we were supposed to do an assignment on photoshop involving moving the president Barrack Obama and moving his picture to another background. It orginially started out as him in front of the state capital, but for this assignment, we had to move him to the Great Wall of China. So I did, and here are my attempts.
My first attempt is the one on the left, and the second is above. On the first, I had a few blue "haloes" around his shoulder, as you can clearly see, but in the second, they were not to be found.


On the first one, what I did to make this work out was I used the magnetic lasso tool, and selected Obama, and moved him onto the other picture of te Great Wall, and shrunk him down with the transform > Scale option.
On the second one, I did something different. What I did was I used Extract, and went around Obama to select him. When I did, I moved him over to the other to the Great Wall picture, and filled in anything I accidentally erased with the history brush, and used the eraser to get rid of the blue haloes, then shrunk him down to size to fit in the picture, and adjusted him to make it look good.
As far as percision and detail goes, I think they're pretty much the same. They were made to look the same, and they do, so I can't complain. i think they look the same (except for the blue haloes, of course) because as I said, they were made to look identical, so it isn't going to change. I found the magnetic lasso method more time consuming than the extract option, because with it, you have to go around it frequently, and you can easily lose control, whereas with the Extract, it's just as easy as going around an image in paint and fixing up the mistakes when you're done. I also think the extract tool is better for creating realistic images.
It does look pretty good....... Right?
RIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment